Saturday, December 31, 2011

Why blog about running

I started this blog so that I could write more about why I run and the benefits that it provides my life. I find that I am consistently posting about things on Facebook and I recognize that a lot of people could care less about my running. Furthermore, I want to explain why I post specifics about my run. I write specifics because I want to encourage others to do the same thing I am. I find that with Jeff Galloway's run walk method that it is much easier on my body and I'm receiving a greater benefit for my effort.

This is the first time in my life that I have been able to run when it is cold. In the past I just gave up on the whole thing during the winter. Now that I have some of the proper clothing I have decided to take the plunge.

So why blog? I want to share my thoughts with those who want to read them and it gives me the added accountability that I need.

Goals for the year.
1. Find others in the area to run with if possible.
2. Complete the Frozen Foot 5k races and make the last race my fastest
3. Compete in a half-marathon (Harrisburg or Hershey)
4. Find a Full-Marathon to race and to use Jeff Galloway's run-walk-run method Philadelphia Marathon (November 18th - registration opens April 1) or href="http://www.marinemarathon.com/Register.htm">Marine Corps Marathon (October 28th - March 7th).
5. Consistently run in the AM even when it's cold.