Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A few pictures of my winter gear


Photo to the left is to show my gear. You can't see my headphones or my ipod, but that's an essential especially if it's dark (either in the AM or PM). I Jeff Galloway Run-walk timer. Next I need to point out that I'm wearing socks on my hands to keep them warm (I plan to eventually buy gloves). I also have my awesome Garmin GPS watch that Cindy bought me a few years ago (before I had run a half-marathon and now I've run three). Also I have this very cool spibelt that holds my house key and my cell phone.









This just shows how I block the wind with my PSU jacket (again that Cindy bought for me as a Christmas present). My orange vest so that I am visible to those who are driving.

This is the first time that I've been so determined to run while it is cold outside. I have a long way to go to be able to be "comfortable" out there, but it is a huge mental game to convince myself to get up so early.