Monday, January 9, 2012

Marine Corps Marathon

I decided that my primary goal for this year is the Marine Corps Marathon on October 28, 2012. In preparation I am running the Frozen Foot 5k's which are in Jan, Feb and March. This will hopefully get me out running as much as possible even when the weather is not favorable.

So you ask... why run a marathon Nate? You've already run three half-marathons... isn't that enough? It could be for some, but I'm looking to take it up another notch. Through reading about Jeff Galloway's run/walk/run method it seems more reasonable that with a TON of time and effort that I would be able to run a marathon. I've also been listening to a podcast called The Extra Mile Podcast- GALLOWAY EDITION and that has answered a lot of my questions (that I knew I had and some that I didn't know I had).

I won't really start officially training for the full-marathon until 6 months before the race. So that puts me to start at about the end of April or beginning of May. Obviously I will be doing training in the meantime so that I can raise my fitness level overall. I typically will run about 30 minutes during the week and typically between 60 and 90 minutes on the weekend.

I'm not sure who reads this, but it'd be cool if you could leave me a comment and let me know you are reading :-).

By the way, since part of this is accountability I didn't run this AM (Monday morning), but I plan to run Tuesday AM. I'm still having issues getting up so early and I'm trying to work through that!