Friday, January 20, 2012

Tough week

I decided before the year started that I wanted a plan to handle difficult mornings of running.  My plan was to reward myself financially if I go out running.  For example:  for every 10 minutes of running/walking I get paid $1.  This money could be used for anything, but my plan is to use it to either buy gear or pay for my races.  This way I earn money for my effort.  This has worked most of the time, but it has been challenging (to say the least) to get out when it is windy and below freezing.  Some wouldn't even consider it, but I want to and am struggling to actually do it.

The crazy part about me not running at all this week is that I had such a great run last Sunday at the race.  I really want to continue to improve and my goal for March would be to get under 30 minutes.  That simply won't happen unless I get my act together and get out and run!

I'm a better dad, husband and counselor if I've had a good run at least a few times a week.  The weatherman says that it's going to snow tonight.  My hope is that it is fluffy snow so I can run since Saturdays are my relaxing run day (I don't have as much time constraint).

I'll keep you posted.