Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Excited about running on the treadmill?

I never thought the words "excited" and "treadmill" would be in the same sentence or even paragraph for me.  However, I've been listening to some podcasts that have helped me remember that they do have a place in my training.  I wanted to get out this morning, but for some reason I didn't.  I'm not exactly sure why other than I'm tired overall.  I also think the idea of heading out again in the cold and wind was not pleasing to me this morning. 

I'm headed to the gym for the first time in quite some time.  I know that it's been at least since November if not October since I hopped on the treadmill.  I think the reason that I'm looking forward to it is because it beats missing another workout for one.  The second reason why I'm looking forward to it is because I have some good motivating music to listen to while I'm running.  It's called motiontraxx and if you've never checked it out I highly recommend it.  You can find it here at motiontraxx.com/.  They have a lot of mixes that are free and it really helps keep me going.

I have yet to go outside and run and turn around before I finished my goal for the morning.  My trouble is getting out the door.  My solution for this tomorrow is to go to the gym.  It is slushy and I'm not sure that I would be safe if I ran outside at 445am in the slush and whatever else is going on outside.

So, treadmill... I'm going to try again and see how it goes!