Saturday, February 11, 2012

Run ratio 1:1 2/11/12

Run ratio 1:1 click on this for the stats from my run. I ran an average of about a 13 minute mile which is exactly what Jeff Galloway's method predicts. It would have been even closer if I did not need to do anything with traffic during my run. I feel fantastic. I do believe that running 8 miles before 9am makes me cross the line from "normal" to weird.  However, normal hasn't worked that great for me so I'm going to try be weird (at least when it comes to running).  I do feel amazing :-).  I used a CLIF bar shot energy gel about 10-15 minutes before and after about an hour. It tastes different than the gels I've had in the past. This is a case and point for why all the experts say not to try something new at a race. This is more "chewy" than the powerbar gels that I've used in the past. It worked great so I'm going to continue to use it. The cool thing about this 8 mile run is that I have a 5K race next Sunday... so this run I completed makes that look like a "piece of cake :-).  I can't wait to share the results of that second race.  My goal is to be a little bit faster than my chip time which was 33:37.2.  Depending on the weather and how I'm feeling that day I would like to make push it to 30 or 31 minutes.  I now know what to expect for this race so I hope that my training since then has made me faster.  I know my endurance has gone up significantly and is better than it's ever been this time of year.  Either way, I want to be at the finish line with a smile on my face regardless of the time because my real goal for this year is the full-marathon in October.  Only 260 days until then :-).  Have a great day and as Kevin from the extra mile podcast always says... enjoy your extra mile.   http://theextramilepodcast.blogspot.com/