Sunday, July 15, 2012

MCM training run with TNT 7/14/12



This morning we had our training run at Messiah College.  We had rain overnight and I thought this run might be wet.  It ended up being clear and we were in the shade most of the time which made the heat less signficant.  As far as I'm concerned the heat was not an issue at all due to the length of my run and the fact that I was finished by 9:30am.

I ended up running 5 miles because this week was a "fall back" week.  The run had several hills, but because I knew that this run would not be easy I was mentally prepared for them.

After the run I chatted a little bit so that I could refuel and catch up on how things are going with my fellow teammates.  I originally typed this on my IPOD on while Cindy was taking her turn of the drive to NC for vacation.  Even though it would have been MUCH easier to leave for vacation earlier (6am) and not run with the team I decided that it was very important for me to still run with the team.  I have only missed one run to date and that was because I already had a 10K race schedule that Saturday. 

I wanted to run with TNT this morning because I run for something much greater than myself.  I am running in memory of Luke Belmont who lost his battle to ALL Leukemia as a young boy.  I won't stop running until we have found a cure.

I'm looking forward to our next run because it's an "all team" training so I will meet people from different teams.  I plan to run 9 miles next week in Etown. 

As of this post I am in North Carolina visiting family.  I have a early morning run planned that is pretty fun.  I plan to run about 1.5 miles to a Krispe Kreme donut factory.  Then I'll have one (or two...) and then run back.  The trick will be not to revisit my donuts (however many I end up eating) during my run.  I thought I'd do my own version of an official race that I heard about through Runner's World (R) where they run about 2 miles eat a dozen donuts and run back.  I'm not quite that crazy :-).  Anyway, this is the plan and I'll let you know how it goes.  It's very humid in NC just like it has been in PA.  Until next time.