Sunday, August 12, 2012

8/11/12 run

My TNT coach decided to switch things up a bit and we met up with the York team in Wrightsville for our run. I had 12 miles on the schedule and this one proved that there is no such thing as an easy 12 mile run.

Overall it went okay. I don't believe I hit very many physical barriers during this run. However, mentally I had some tough times between mike 8 and 10. Fortunately, two of the coaches from York helped me out by running with me. I was the last runner and I'm completely okay with that. I was able to see at least one butterfly, some cool houses (one had a waterfall).

Things that I can tangibly change next week.
1. Go on my weekday runs as scheduled.
2. Get to bed earlier all week (by 9:30)
3. Stay mentally sharp with my running.
4. Continue to work on my fueling strategy. What I am doing now is not enough.

Overall the good thing is that I did not give up and I made it through. We meet a huge challenge at Messiah next week. I am determined to be ready to meet the challenge of "Moore friends."