Saturday, August 4, 2012

MCM training run with TNT 8/4/12

Today I met up with TNT in Hershey for our weekly long-run.  Today was our "fall back" week.  The training program is designed like many that I have seen to allow for a week to allow our bodies to recovery so that we don't get injured.  It was welcomed by me because the past two weeks have been very challenging due to the very high humidity that I still haven't gotten used to yet.  I also haven't been able to slow down as much as I know would be beneficial for me.  I missed two of my weekday runs this week, but I tried not to let that discourage me this morning.

We ran 6.5 miles this morning at a fast pace that what was comfortable with the humidity.  I found two people to run with that were my pace.  They are both running the Hershey half which I did last year so we were able to talk about that and other things.  The cool thing about this run was that it started at the Hershey High School, it ran past the house that I lived in for a while at MHS (parents were not houseparents, but my dad has worked for MHS for a long time), also ran past the house I used to live in when I went to Middle School and High School.  The cool part about running past this house was that I knew exactly what was ahead for the run plus I saw two large pine trees that I planted when I was a kid.  It was awesome to see how tall they are as they are almost as tall as the house.

So again, why am I doing this running?  Wouldn't have been easier to sleep in and get things accomplished at the house?  In some ways yes, that would have been easier, but by me running I was able to do something for a greater cause than myself.  It is one of the greatest feelings to know that what I am doing is not only helping me physically, but I am able to raise money for such an important cause.

I know that I talk, think and plan a TON in regards to running and the benefits.  It may be an obsession, but the difference is that I am not just doing it for me or my own glory, but rather to help others and for God's glory.

Thanks for reading and I hope that you will consider making a donation to this great cause!
http://pages.teamintraining.org/cpa/corps12/natewagner08