Sunday, October 14, 2012

13 days and 15 hours until ... Running happy for a cure

This is the email I sent to some of my friends.  If you are reading this you are also one of my friends.  Please seriously consider any size contribution.  Every little bit helps!  Thanks :-)!

Most if not all of us have been impacted by cancer at some point in our lives.  That is why I'm sending you this email today.  I am running the Marine Corps Marathon in just under two weeks as a participant of Team In Training.  I am raising funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) and I wanted you to know that there is still time to help me in this cause.  I will be running 26.2 miles in DC on October 28th.  My training is going amazing.  Last week I ran my longest, long run of 20 miles.  I feel very prepared mentally and physically for this event.

Please use the link in this email to donate online quickly and securely plus learn more about my progress.  You will receive a confirmation of your donation by email and I will be notified as soon as you make your donation.

   http://pages.teamintraining.org/cpa/corps12/natewagner08

Each donation helps accelerate finding a cure for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. Nearly 958,000 Americans are battling these blood cancers.  I am hoping that my participation in Team In Training will help bring them hope and support.  So far I have raised $2,662.80, which is 92% of my personal goal of $2,900 by Oct 28th.  Would you consider being a part of my team to eliminate blood cancers?  I am running in memory of Luke Belmont who lost his life to ALL Leukemia at a young age.  I don't want other families to deal with this type of loss.

On behalf of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, thank you very much for your support.  I greatly appreciate your generosity.

Thank you,

Nate Wagner (running in memory of Luke Belmont)

PS. I know things are tight for all of us, but even $26.2 ($1/mile) or $52.4 ($2/mile) would be a tremendous help.  Thanks for your consideration.

--
Running the Marine Corps Marathon with Team in Training on October 28, 2012.  I am raising money for the The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's (LLS)/Team In Training program.  Personal fundraising secure site: http://pages.teamintraining.org/cpa/corps12/natewagner08