Saturday, January 19, 2013

Struggling with the gym in the AM

This post will be fairly short, but I had a few moments and I wanted to post some of my reflections about this past week.

1.  My motivation has been low this week, but it does not mean that it needs to stay that way.
2.  I will still accomplish my running and fitness goals for 4 workouts this week.
3.  I want more accountability on a daily basis for my workouts.  My plan is to get to the gym 4 of 5 days during the week.  I will do the treadmill twice and bike twice.  Having a choice whether I go to the gym has not worked for me.
4.  When I workout I feel amazing and to not forget that.
5.  Even if it's freezing outside I can still utilize the gym effectively.
6.  I have a 2 hour goal for the half marathon and even though I know I can run a half marathon it will still be a challenge to be accomplish that goal (not to forget this at 445am when I want to go back to bed).
7.  I need more accountability with this.  I'm thankful for what I have, but it's not enough at this point.
8.  Just do it!  As in point 3 I need to make it not an option and maybe even have a financial consequence if I don't go.  There is an app for that, but it only works with ios5 which I don't have for my ipod.

Tomorrow, I have the first race of the Frozen foot series.  I will post a race report here to update you on how this went.  My "A" goal is under 30 minutes.  My "B" goal is to beat my time from last year.

until next time... running happy for those who can't run!