Sunday, January 27, 2013

Ways to change pt 1 of many


I found this and I thought it would be helpful if I typed it out and put in my own thoughts.

101 Ways to Change your Life Compiled by Early to Rise Editor, Craig Ballantyne
http://www.earlytorise.com/

Here are the first few reasons and I will continue to go through this list and share it with you.

1.     Take action TODAY. – “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago.  The next best time is now.”  Don’t wait another second to get started on whatever it is you want to accomplish, today is the day to take action.
-       What this means for me:  The item I want to accomplish is to be more fit and to live a life of fitness rather that just run to compete in races.  My goal is to get up each morning Monday through Friday and go to the gym.  My desire is that this would be automatic as it is to go to work.
2.     Schedule your habits – by scheduling your day, including your habits you will take control of them, rather than letting them control you.  If you know what to expect each day, it will be much easier to handle obstacles as they arise.
a.     For me this means: Scheduling the next day before leaving work as best as I am able.  Scheduling my running/exercise before work rather than attempting to get it in after work.
3.     Do you really want it?  - When you decide you are ready to change, make sure you really want to loose those pounds or get out of debt, because unless you really want it, you will not be able to overcome the pitfalls and obstacles.  Motivation is the key to your success.
a.     For me this means: Yes I really want to be more fit and to have a lifestyle of fitness rather than just running races or just going through the motions of running on Saturdays.  I want to loose about 20 pounds (that will get me to about 175 pounds) and that will make me feel and be healthier.  No I’m not obsessed with this, but it sure would be nice to loose some weight.