Saturday, April 27, 2013

Gorgous Run 4.27.13 HACC

This morning the weather started out slightly chilly, but I decided to stick with the shorts and short sleeve  tech shirt.  This ended up being a very wise decision as it warmed up significantly.  The weather was perfect for running.  There was a slight breeze, but it was a welcomed relief rather than a burden this morning.

My plan was to run "at least 9" miles as that was the course that was set out for us (myself and two of my TNT friends Amy and Steven).  The first about 4 miles felt great, but shortly after that point I was starting to have GI issues.  I just had some Greek yogurt as my pre-run fuel and that didn't work out too well for me.  It wasn't terrible, but it did make the last 2.5 miles that I ran a little challenging.  I ended up ending my run at about 6.5 miles.  Amy and Steven kept going after that last water stop.  I could have gone, but I chose not to mostly because of my stomach issues.

This was hard for me, but because I'm several months away from my "A" race I decided to listen to my body and take it easy today.  I'm looking to get onto a better running/workout schedule during the week.  I am hoping that I can get back into running Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday.  I know I made the right decision to go home after 6.5 miles, but it still doesn't make it any easier.  I'm trying to keep good perspective and remember why I'm running and the fact that I want to run for the rest of my life.

Next week, on Saturday, May 4th, my family and I will be flying to Ft Lauderdale and then driving to Fort Myers for the week.  I am looking forward to running in a new place.  I am aware that I will need to make it a priority to get up early to run.  I'll probably mostly do runs where I'll run a certain amount of miles out and then back.  I haven't researched where these runs will take place, but I would like at least one longer run of at least 6 miles if not 8 miles to happen while I'm down there.  I have no excuse and I won't be making any excuses... I just need to make sure I'm getting up early because I know it will be hot and humid even when I do get up early.

I'm going to still attempt to get a blog post about my running next weekend.  Feel free give me a hard time if you don't see anything by Sunday (I will be traveling all day Saturday).

I'm so thankful for running and all the peace that it provides in my life.  It helps me deal with all the craziness at work and helps me be me and I'm grateful for that.

Running happy for those who can't run!