Saturday, June 1, 2013

Rock and glow 2013

Today I am going to be walking my first 5k since the foot injury.  I'm typing this part before the race.  I wanted to just reflect what I've been feeling.  

First I have felt sorry for myself.  Today I'm just thankful that I can walk the 5k.  

Second, I'm really hoping that I find a few cool people to walk with tonight.  Regardless it will be a different run because its in the dark with black lights.

Starting Monday I have made a commitment to getting to the gym 3 times per week in the AM.  In addition I will be spending at least 15 minutes 3 days a week doing yoga, stretching, core work.  Now if I do this then I will get stronger.  If I don't then for each week I don't then $5 goes to OAR.  My running friend Linda's charity.  If she doesn't then her $5 goes to TNT.

This begs the question if I know how much it helps then why do I need this extra incentive?  Bottom line with this is that I have gotten out of the habit of getting up at 5am and this has made it very challenging.  I want to do this at most times I day except 5am:  I hope this will change this and give me that extra push I need.

Off to this race!  It's weird to not race it, but on the other hand it makes it less stressful.  I will post a race report about this on Sunday.  Thanks for reading :-).  Walking for this who can't.  walking happy!