Friday, June 7, 2013

Why do I run?

Why do I run?

I've written other posts about this but in honor of National Running Day I wanted to post my top 5 reasons for running.

1.  I run for those who can't.  Most times I go out and run I keep in mind those that I know are struggling with cancer.  Some of them can't run so I run for them and raise money to find a cure.

2.  I run because I enjoy it.  I've been doing this long enough that most runs are enjoyable.

3.  I run for the stress relief.  I have a fairly stressful job and this helps me to cope.  It is my primary coping skill for stress so when I miss too many runs it impacts the rest of my life.

4.  I run in groups for the social benefits.  This is so cool because we all have different walks of life but we can come together and support each other.  

5.  I run to inspire others to do the same thing.  If I can do it... And clearly I can then I believe many more of my friends can do it as well.  It's a process just like it was for me.

This is the short version of why I run.  Thanks for reading and feel free to comment!