I've written other posts about this but in honor of National Running Day I wanted to post my top 5 reasons for running.
1. I run for those who can't. Most times I go out and run I keep in mind those that I know are struggling with cancer. Some of them can't run so I run for them and raise money to find a cure.
2. I run because I enjoy it. I've been doing this long enough that most runs are enjoyable.
3. I run for the stress relief. I have a fairly stressful job and this helps me to cope. It is my primary coping skill for stress so when I miss too many runs it impacts the rest of my life.
4. I run in groups for the social benefits. This is so cool because we all have different walks of life but we can come together and support each other.
5. I run to inspire others to do the same thing. If I can do it... And clearly I can then I believe many more of my friends can do it as well. It's a process just like it was for me.
This is the short version of why I run. Thanks for reading and feel free to comment!