Saturday, June 22, 2013

WiIdwood Run 6/22/13

Today I met with my TNT buddies at 8am.  This run was my first run since I met with the podiatrist.  He taped my foot and said that I could run today.  I was originally going to run 7, but decided to cut it down to 6 instead.  Overall it felt good.  I had great company (as always).

I did some walking for a couple of reasons.
1.  I wanted to make sure I took it easy.
2.  One of my fellow TNT alumni was having a hard time so I stuck with him and helped him get to the end of the run.  This is what it's all about for me.  Obviously I want to get faster (and get a sub 2 hour half marathon), but the point for me this season is to encourage others.

This week my plan is to go to Inside Track and get fitted for the correct shoes.  I've been told many times that I should have two pairs of shoes that I'm rotating.  I'm now going to listen.  I'm going to take it easy with impact related exercise.  I hope to swim on Friday (if all works out correctly).  Also I am going to start working on my core and upper body strength more by starting a plank and push up program.  It technically started 3 weeks ago, but I'm just going to start with today as the first day and go from there.  The program I am using is taken from http://turtlepacing.com/?p=502

Here is the plan.  I know it's going to be a huge challenge as I have very little upper body strength and my core is not where I want it to be.  I'm excited about it.  If you want to join me you could either save this photo or go to This very long facebook link



Overall, I am going to take things easy this week.  I'll work on core, upper body, stretching and overall strength.

The way that I am most successful in what I do is when I have others who are doing it with me.  Who's in?