I'm going to start out the post with the email that I sent my e-coach, Chris Twiggs.
I had a solid week. Monday night after we recorded with Kevin I put in
my 45 mi run walk with about a 10 min mile for the first mile and then
used a 1/1 ratio.
Tuesday I made it to spin. Great workout.
Wednesday I slacked off
Thursday I made up for it by doing 45 min on the treadmill and then most of the water running workout. (Ran out of time)
Today did 6 miles using 2/1. Averaged about 13 min per mile. Did it early and finished by 730am.
So overall it was an extremely productive week. Lessons learned:
1. Even though it can be hard to get up in the morning it is worth it. The days that I got up to do my workouts I did really well at work getting my tasks accomplished and my mood was very positive. Those days I missed I had to be careful with my self-talk and to be nice to myself :-).
2. I need to focus on my running. Whatever cross-training I can do is great, but that can't be my focus.
3. I love run/walk/run. I ran 6 miles in the very humid, hot weather this morning and I don't even feel like I ran at all. Even though I ran a lot slower today than normal I feel amazing.
4. Being consistently consistent is way better for me than being consistently inconsistent. This is something that I am very much working on this season. I still will listen to my body.
5. I can't take being able to run for granted for a second. There are many people who would love to run, but can't because they are injured.
6. I miss running with my TNT buddies, but I'm still getting the job done and feeling great as a result.
7. I enjoy spin class and I also have a great time with the water running. I've been more diligent with this for this cycle of training than ever before ... even with my MCM training last year I did not do cross-training very consistently.
Thanks for reading. Remember this: a mile is a mile regardless of if it's an 8:50min/mi or 13:00/mile.
One more thing: The Extra Mile Podcast that I'm a part of had our introductions recorded this past Monday. The podcast is up and can be found at https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-extra-mile-podcast-galloway/id424222024 Enjoy!