Saturday, August 3, 2013

Speed work: week 4

Week 4 was a little more difficult than normal.  Here's my email to Coach Chris as I'm participating in the The Galloway Extra Mile- HALF MARATHON EDITION.  I had some speedwork on the schedule this week for the first time.

Hi Chris!  Here's my weekly update.  Some of this I might have shared before but I wanted to put it all in one place.

Monday morning I didn't get up for my workout.  I don't have any excuses.

Tuesday I got my for take 2 of Mondays workout.  The weather was perfect for a summer morning.  I tried the 3:1 ratio and did my magic mile but I was very disappointed with my times.  My magic mile was closer to 10 minutes and last time it was 8:50.  I'm not going to let it get me down but that's what happened.

Wednesday I woke up sick and did t go to work.  After getting some more sleep I started to feel better.  Therefore no workout happened on Wednesday.

Thursday I decided I think based on your response to first part of the week I did a water run workout instead of trying to make up the missed Wednesday workout.

Needless to say it was a rough week in the running department.  It was also rough on the work front.  Again no excuses.

Today I bonded with the track.  I was a little worried by the fact that it as raining but I didn't let that discourage me.  I warmed up and ran each 800 at a pace that was slightly faster than what you suggested.  My last lap of the last 800 was closer to 2 min than it was to 2:22.  I finished nice and strong.

Any suggestions or changes to the plan let me know.  Look forward to recording on Tuesday with Kevin and the other two participants.  Thanks! (Ends my email to coach Chris).

As I look back at the past month I see that I have had the most difficulty getting in my Monday AM run in.  August my goal is to be 100% with Monday AM runs.