Thursday, November 14, 2013

26.2 with Donna

Dear Friends,

By now you know that running has become a major part of my life.  Not only is it a coping skills to handle stress in my life, but it also allows me to help causes that I am passionate about.  In 2012, I raised funds for the Leukemia, Lymphoma Society (LLS) and trained for my first marathon with Team in Training (TNT).  I was so empowered by this experience that I knew I would run a marathon for a specific cause again soon.  Well, that "soon" is now.  It is one thing to run races to get a personal record (which I did in 2013), but I find it much more fulfilling to run for a cause greater than myself.  This reality will help me get up at 4:45 AM when it is cold and windy.

On Sunday, February 23, 2014, I will be joining thousands to Celebrate the Finish at the 7th Annual 26.2 with Donna. My goal is to cross the finish line of the marathon event, and feel great that 100% of the race proceeds and EVERY PENNY of funds raised will go to breast cancer research and care.

26.2 with Donna is the only marathon event in the country dedicated to finishing breast cancer. 70% of the funds go to bench top research at Mayo Clinic. What does this mean? Bench top research is high risk, high reward research not traditionally funded by typical methods. With marathon funds, Mayo Clinic has established a Translational Genomics Team that will change the protocol for the treatment of breast cancer. WOW! The remaining 30% of the funds go to The Donna Foundation, serving the critical financial needs of those with breast cancer today.

So even though I am not required to fund raise, I want to support this important work that is saving lives and helping those who need it the most. That is why I am asking my friends and family to contribute.

Please make a donation and let’s finish breast cancer together!  My goal is to raise 2,620.00 for the cause.  Crazy goal right?  But I know I can do it with your help.  

My personal fundraising page is:

I would be honored to have your support.  Thanks!  Again, I'm doing this for those can't.

Nate Wagner
-- 
"A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but because of its persistence."--Jim Watkins