Saturday, December 28, 2013

26.2 traning 12/28/13

This week I met a friend at the gym at 6am on Monday.  It was rainy, but we still ran outside because it was "warm" for winter.  I learned that it is important to run outside unless it is truly too bad outside.  The conditions that I won't run in are basically just ice, or thunder storms.  We'll see if this changes.

Tuesday I made it to spin for a Christmas Eve class.  It was excellent to make it as I always enjoy it as cross training.

Wednesday, Christmas Day I made it out for a 5 mile run before my family Christmas celebration.

Thursday I did not get up early enough to make it to spin, but I was able to leave work early and I did the elliptical.  Any workout is better than no workout :-).

Friday is my day off from training.

Saturday, today, I did 6 miles per Jeff Galloway's to finish marathon training.  This included a Magic Mile (MM) where I ran as fast as I could for a mile as a part of this run.  Today my MM was 8:36.  I was hoping that it would be under an 8 minute mile, but that wasn't meant to be today.  I'm not sure if it was because of the cold, but either way I will use that time to determine the pace of my next long run of 23 miles.

I'm very excited to run this marathon.  For me this isn't about getting a personal record (although I'm pretty sure I will).  This is more about raising money for breast cancer research for the 26.2 with donna at the http://breastcancermarathon.com/

If you want to join my team please stop by my fundraising page.  Remember this isn't about me or my goals, it's about the goal of finishing breast cancer.