Saturday, December 7, 2013

Marathon Training week 12/7/13

I was sick the first part of the week so I missed my first run on Monday, but I was able to get in a 3 mile run on Wednesday evening.  I had a time crunch or else I would have gone further.

For the most part I'm not worried about how fast I'm running, just as long as I'm having a good time and I'm getting the distance in that is on my schedule the best I can.

My run this morning went fairly well.  It was a 6 mile run that was on my Jeff Galloway to finish Marathon schedule.  It was to also include a magic mile.  My magic mile this time was 8:12 which is slower than it was in the warmer temps.  I'm going to check with coach Chris about what that means for my long run next Saturday of 20 miles.  I want to adjust it because I do believe that I'm probably running too fast for my long runs.  Right now my ratio is 2:30 running and 1:00 walking.

I'm excited about the 20 mile training run because I've done it only once before (2012 for MCM).  This is my first time doing it with run/walk/run.  I anticipate still feeling really good after it.  I will report back with all the necessary details (plus more).

I'm so glad that I have the 26.2 with Donna in Feburary because it gets me out there went I would rather sleep in.  I know that I'm doing this for a cause greater than myself and that motivates me more than most anything else.

Do you you want to help me by donating?  No amount is too little.  Here's my fundraiser page: