Today, I met up with my TNT buddies. I am very grateful for this run with friends because I've done a lot of runs solo. I must say my friend Linda is the one that ran with me on my last long run of 22 miles (for about 8-9 miles), but other than that I've run solo. The cool thing about running with TNT is that they have a purpose rather than "just running to run." We all run to find a cure. Currently I'm running to find a cure for breast cancer, but that doesn't mean that I'm not also running to find a cure for blood cancer.
The most memorable things about this run were:
1. Being able to run in the snow for two miles before I met up with TNT as the only footprints on the Greenbelt (there was a bike that went through before me).
2. Meeting up with friends I haven't seen in a while.
3. Running with a friend who was using 3/1 ratio and catching up.
4. Getting to talk with my TNT coach from last season at the meetup afterwards (alumni).
5. Talking with a friend who ran the Dopey in Orlando Florida and seeing the cool shirt and medals (6 total)! Way to go Todd!
6. Running on this kind of snow is refreshing and easier on the body.
7. Running a 12 minute pace using a 3/1 ratio for me was very comfortable and relaxing as I was able to talk and truly enjoy the run.
8. Cancer is cancer in my book and I want to kick cancers butt... regardless of what kind it is!
If you want to help me do this you can go here:
100% of every penny goes toward the cause as I am not required to raise funds, but I want to do my part. Will YOU be a part of my team? Thanks in advance!
Also these 7 miles were dedicated to #megsmiles which could mean Meg Smiles or Meg's Miles. I love and appreciate the running community so much!