Today, Saturday 2/1 however, I had a great day. The forecast was for much warmer temps (20's) while I was running and then later in the day it was to be around 32 or so. I was tempted to run in my shorts, but I decided against it since I ran most of the run in the dark.
It was wonderful to get back out there this morning. I feel great after the run. It was interesting to think of a 7 mile run as a distance that I don't really need to break up into pieces (other than go out 3.5 and back 3.5 miles.
The most memorable thing about this run is that I really was the only runner out there this morning. I wasn't out all that early or for that long so that was a little weird for me. Also I didn't see anyone riding a bike, but did a see a few people walking their dogs. So yeah, it wasn't super memorable other than that I did it :-).
So how do I feel about the taper? Well since I didn't run at all until today it has been difficult being in the taper. I felt like 7 miles was pretty much a warm up (since I just came off such long runs recently).
As of typing this post it is 21 days and 19 hours until the race!
So far I have raised $629.80. Will you help me get to $1000.00? Any amount makes a huge difference.
Also here at the people I'm officially running for on Feb 23, 2014 who have been impacted by Breast Cancer. Some are winning the battle and a few lost their battle. Would you let me run for your loved one (honor of/memory of). It would be a huge encouragement to me when I get to mile 20 of the marathon to know that what I'm doing is more than finishing my second marathon... i'm running for something greater than myself. Thanks! Please either post here, post on facebook or email me at natewagner08 at gmail dot com
People I am running for on Feb 23, 2014. Let’s #finishbreastcancer
1. IN HONOR OF: Mary Catherine H (Mom of Chris H)
2. IN HONOR OF: Laura G (Co-worker’s wife of Chris H)
3. IN HONOR OF: Joan (friend of Kathryn H – TNT)
4. IN HONOR OF: Connie (friend of Kathryn H – TNT)
5. IN MEMORY OF: Vivian (friend of Kathryn H – TNT)
6. IN HONOR OF: Vicky (Aunt of Francis M)
7. IN HONOR OF: Debbie C (Friend of Diana K – TNT)
8. IN HONOR OF: Lori W (My mom’s friend)
9. IN HONOR OF: Ann S (My mom’s friend)
10. IN HONOR OF: Rita (Mark B – Beth Ann’s mom)
11. IN MEMORY OF Kathy R (Michelle S’s friend)
12. IN MEMORY OF Barb E (Michelle S’s friend)
13. IN HONOR OF: Deborah (Katie C’s friend) - The Sub-30 Club
14. IN HONOR OF: Dora (Nicole L’s Grandmother) - The Sub-30 Club
15. IN HONOR OF: Judy (Laurie C’s friend) - The Sub-30 Club
16. IN HONOR OF: Terese (Laurie C’s friend) - The Sub-30 Club
17. IN HONOR OF: Stacey (Kenny A’s friend) - The Sub-30 Club
18. IN HONOR OF: Aunt Meredith (Sheri B) - The Sub-30 Club
19. IN HONOR OF: Aunt Sharon (Sheri B) - The Sub-30 Club