Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Close to Goal!

I just wanted to send a quick note to let you know you can still help me accomplish my goal.  :-)  Thanks again for your support.
 
On Sunday, February 23, 2014, I will be joining thousands to Celebrate the Finish at the 7th Annual 26.2 with Donna. My goal is to cross the finish line of the marathon (26.2 miles!) event, and feel great that 100% of the race proceeds and EVERY PENNY of funds raised will go to breast cancer research and care.

 

26.2 with Donna is the only marathon event in the country dedicated to finishing breast cancer. 70% of the funds go to bench top research at Mayo Clinic. What does this mean? Bench top research is high risk, high reward research not traditionally funded by typical methods. With marathon funds, Mayo Clinic has established a Translational Genomics Team that will change the protocol for the treatment of breast cancer. WOW! The remaining 30% of the funds go to The Donna Foundation, serving the critical financial needs of those with breast cancer today.

 

So even though I am not required to fund raise, I want to support this important work that is saving lives and helping those who need it the most. That is why I am asking my friends and family to contribute.  Please make a donation and let’s finish breast cancer together!

 

Your donation is 100% tax deductible and 26.2 with Donna will send you a tax receipt.

 

Here is my personal fundraising site.  http://donate.breastcancermarathon.com/2014Marathon/natewagner

 

If you would rather write a check you can make it payable to “26.2 with Donna” and give it to me by February 19th.

 

Thank you so much for sharing the joy of helping such a wonderful cause.  No amount is too small.  So far I have raised $694.80My goal is to raise a total of $1000.

Nate



--
  “There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” -Nelson Mandela