Saturday, May 17, 2014

8 miles: Week 5 BIH time goal

I had a great week in regards to getting the runs in on Tuesday and Thursday.  I'm still struggling with getting them in Monday and Wednesday mornings.  I did both of these runs in the evening.  Almost didn't get in the Thursday run but I was able to out run the storm :-).
Tuesday PM run - my first mile (after the warm up) was 9:07 - goal was 9:00.  This run felt very good and it was a great stress reliever.  I had a crazy busy (self-inflicted) day at work.  The run was about 50 minutes long or so.
Thursday PM run - This run felt good, however, it was a little shorter than I wanted (about 4 miles), but as I mentioned above there was a significant storm on the way.  On a related note once I made it inside it poured... so I made the right decision.  I wasn't worried about the pouring rain... I just didn't want to get struck by lightening!

Lastly, my 8 mile run this morning.  It felt awesome in every way.  It was just me and the sidewalk.  It pretty close to a perfect run that started at 5:30am :-).  Can't beat getting home right around 7am with the run completed (along with about a half mile walk home).

Biggest area for improvement is to consistently get up at 4:30am.  I think this is essential to my success and know that this starts the night before so I'm going to make extra effort to go to bed earlier.


I believe that the only thing that could have made this run better was that if I shared it with someone... who's going to come out with me next time at 5:30am so we can enjoy this amazing weather together! :-)