Monday, September 29, 2014

fall back week - Harrisburg Marathon Training

I just wanted to quick post about my running last week.

I did some solid weekday runs.  I ran 5 miles with a friend around wildwood lake.  Felt great and was at a conversational pace (surprising to me that was under 10 minute miles).

Tuesday I ran TO my car mechanic.  This was awesome because it was a 4 mile run that got me from point A to point B.  It also helped save time.  I was able to get my exercise in as well as picking my my car.

Thursday I had a nice run with a friend that felt great.

Saturday I ran 8 miles which felt great.  We did Negly backwards which is a hilly course.  I didn't bother to do an ice bath.

I have a fairly easy week this week too.

The training schedule I'm using is the "Jeff Galloway to finish marathon training."  This is much more relaxed.  I'm not concerned about my finish time (nearly as much as I have been lately).  I'd like to get a PR which would be under a 5:30 marathon.  I'm fairly confident that as long as I am healthy and the weather is reasonable I likely will get closer to a 5:15 or 5:00 marathon.  I'm not nearly as obsessed as I typically am about this.  I'm enjoying my training and taking it a step at a time.  I'm having more fun this time too.