Saturday, March 25, 2017

Galloway Customize Training Week 2

This week I will share my overall impressions of how my training went. I did my first attempt at the Cadence Drill and Acceleration/Gliders on Monday after my wife got home from work (545pm). I ended up doing this in the evening which is not the typical time for me to run. If you want more information on this run you go here. The only thing I want to share about this is that the focusing on cadence is really going to help me get faster and have better form. This is something that I've never officially done on a regular basis so I'm excited to add this to my training routine.

I skipped my run on Wednesday.

Today, Saturday, I did my first Magic Mile. I haven't looked at the official stats yet, but my first Magic Mile is about 9 minutes and 30 seconds. This is about 2 minutes slower than I want to be, but I know that I haven't really done much training in the past 6 months or so. I will do my best to be my best each time I get out there.

I'm excited about my training for next week. Elements included: Tempo Run and Hill workout!

I'm still working to figure out exactly which hill I will use for the hill workout, but that's my homework between now and Wednesday.