Saturday, March 18, 2017

Galloway Customized Training

This week I started training with Chris Twiggs who is the National program director for Jeff Galloway. I purchased the Galloway Customized Training and Chris had everything loaded into final surge within 24 hours.

I want to share what I'm learning from the customized Galloway training with Chris Twiggs. First I want to mention that I was one of the original "guinea pigs" back in 2013. If you want to check it out you can find it here...
http://gallowayextramile.blogspot.com/2013_06_01_archive.html

I had so much fun back then. Since then I haven't been running much. I need running for my personal wellbeing and mental health. I wanted an extra layer of accountability by putting some money on the line. The training program is very affordable at about $100.

I know some people wonder what the difference is between what I'm getting from the customized training compared with Jeff Galloways free training plan that can be found here: http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/half-marathon-training/

I think the biggest difference in the first week of training is that we are using a website called http://www.finalsurge.com/. The cool part about this is that I get my workout for the day text to me as well as in my email. It also syncs with google calendar so there is no excuse to not know what my workout will be.

Another awesome thing is that Chris is having me focus on my form by using the drills that Jeff talks about. I've never done this before, but I have known about them for several years. If you want to know more info about that then you can go here: http://www.jeffgalloway.com/learn/videos/

Here's my update the week:
I got the training plan on Tuesday. I live in Central PA and we were hit by a big snowstorm. I did not do any of the workouts (run drill). But I did do my long run of 6 miles. I started with a :60 run/:60 walk. Changed that to a :30/:30 and that helped a ton. Some of the run segments were in the snow. I was significantly slower on this run, but it felt good and I had a tremendous amount of emotional benefit.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to sharing my progress.