Saturday, April 8, 2017

Galloway Customize Training Week 4

This week didn't go as planned. I was able to get two of the three scheduled workouts done. I'm struggling to get out the door in the morning on the specific days that I have workouts on the schedule. Mondays are drill work, Wednesdays have been hill work (which I've skipped) and Saturdays have been the long run or track work.

This week I did the run scheduled for Monday on Wednesday. I was fueled very poorly so I cut the run off at 30 minutes.

Hill running I struggling to make happen. I think that I'm making it out to be something bigger than it is and I'm having issues actually doing it. I need to get my act together with this.

My long run this week was 7 miles. I did this today in the afternoon. It went well and I felt really good. I used :30/:30 ratio and I listened to podcasts. If you want to see the specific details about my run it's here: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1665781714 

Part of the reason why I chose to do the customized training was because I wanted the accountability and I restarted my weekly blogging about my running. I like the daily emails and texts telling me what I the next workout will be.

I look forward to sharing more next week!